Everybody who started his freelancing journey knows about Upwork. I am also one of them. But it seems like you don’t know about the platform much.
What is Upwork? And why is Upwork so popular among freelancers?
Upwork is a marketplace for freelancers. It allows clients to interview, hire and work with freelancers and freelance agencies globally.
For example, a person or company who wants marketing services for their business can easily find the best-fit freelancers to do the job at a fraction of price that business will pay for a regular employee.
Well, I am here to teach you. I will conduct this teaching in a way that sounds familiar to everyone.
But before going anywhere else, I am sharing these quick facts.
The stats I am sharing here is released under the official press releases of Upwork. Also, these are verified by BusinessWire.
Here are the key findings of the reports:
- 26% of the total freelancers in the U.S. hold a postgraduate degree. In 2021, this number is around only 20%.
- Approximately 60 million professionals in America share freelancing as a career.
- Freelancers contributed around $1.35 trillion to the U.S. economy in 2022 alone, and around $50 billion in 2021.
Do you get the point? The majority of freelancers and agencies are on upwork, and so do the clients. Upwork has a wide variety of verified businesses that needs freelance services.
Another reason, a large chunk of Upwork clients are situated in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Australia, and Dubai. Thus, anyone who is trying to convince you that Upwork pays cheap doesn’t believe it.
I am a freelancer content writer from India. I started my freelancing career in 2018. To be honest, it took me 1.5 years to start on Upwork.
At the end of 2019, I decided to switch to Upwork because of its payment protection feature. When I was hired by clients directly, I used PayPal for payments.
No business survives when it sells its products or services on credits. I understood this in a bad way.
Also Read: How to insert keywords into a blog post | Writing Guide for content writers.
Why I started using Upwork for my Freelancing projects:
Coming to our story, why I feel Upwork is a legal platform, both for starting as a freelancer or starting an agency.
- Long-term relationship building: You can set an hourly rate or fixed-price contract. Every time you start working on a client’s project, it starts sending screenshots to clients every 15 minutes. Thus, easy to bill for your hard work.
- Payment Protection: Upwork works as an intermediate for both parties. It automatically debits funds from clients’ escrow accounts. After your work gets approved, it makes that amount available for withdrawal.
- Low-commission rates: Upwork usually charge a 20% commission for every project. But when you earn more than $500 from that same project or client, the rates are cut. After $500 and $10,000 earnings, the services fee is only 10% and 5% respectively.
As of now, while I am writing this blog post, Upwork shared an update regarding their fee structure. From now, Upwork started charging a flat 10% fee on every project, regardless of its size.
These are the reasons that help me make up my mind. Ofcus, there are many other platforms available for freelancing opportunities.
Like, as Fiverr, Freelancer (dot) com, PeoplePerHour, and Truelancer. But Upwork is a far better choice than others in many ways.
Even tho, starting on Upwork is still challenging, as it took me 8 months to get a project. (a story for another day)
To outperform your competitors, you have to do:
- keep upskilling.
- be active on the platform.
- building authority by completing profile details.
If our blog post adds value to your life or helps you start your freelancing journey. You can follow us on these active platforms too.
- Kumar Gaurav Singh | Twitter (for easy-to-understand threads)
- Kumar Gaurav Singh | YouTube (for detailed tutorial videos)
- Kumar Gaurav Singh | Instagram ( for latest updates/learnings)
I am an Indian Blogger & Freelancer Writer. I write concise and clear on his ‘MinimalistWriter‘ blog. Also, I write content for businesses to accomplish the best results with Content Marketing. When not working, I am busy creating witchcraft with words & characters on the Internet.
Get Future Updates in your INBOX! 👇
Follow me on Twitter @KumarGauravHQ
2 thoughts on “Why is Upwork so popular among freelancers?”
Contact | MinimalistWriter.com
Ищите идеальную площадку, на которой можно купить любые вещи? Тогда вам подойдет Omg Omg, магазин которой можно найти по адресу https://xn--mgmg-u0bc.com . Это единственная и самая крупная площадка в РФ и СНГ, которая стабильно работает и предлагает свои услуги пользователям. Здесь вы найдете все необходимое, независимо от своих запросов и требований. Площадка гарантирует безопасность, обход блокировок и анонимность, не требуя при этом дополнительный средств, вроде установки браузера Tor для Омг Омг, или ВПН соединения. Достаточно просто перейти на сайт Омг Омг union и начать использование площадки прямо сейчас. Главное всегда следить за актуальностью зеркала Омг Омг, что можно сделать на нашей площадке.
Comments are closed.